Broken nails. It happens to all of us. When you have long nails it could mean that you have to cut down all your nails, how horrible! But luckily there is an easy method that allows you to glue the fracture together again and make it last. ( simply gluing it together won’t last. ) All you need is some nail glue, a teabag and scissors. Follow these 7 easy steps to fix your broken nail and continue to have long, beautiful nails.
1. Use nail polish remover and clean the nail, even if you are not wearing any polish
2. Use some glue on the nail to glue the fracture, you only have to apply this on the fracture itself. It doesn’t matter what brand of nail glue you use. The ones who have a brush are easier to use but you can also apply a bit on the flat side of an orange stick in order to have more control of the application. If possible, apply some glue on the inside of the nail as well, just to be sure. Let the glue dry completely.
3. Now get a teabag and cut the top off. Remove all the tea and unfold the bag.
4. It should look like the first picture below. As you can see, there is a ridge in the middle where the two ends of the “fabric” ( don’t really know how to call it )are glued together. You can easily open it by gently pulling the ends away from each other. Now you have the fabric we’ll use to make the glue last, as shown on the second picture below. Don’t worry, this piece will go a long way so you don’t have to waste more tea ;)
5. Cut off a small piece that will cover the fracture. Some girls glue a large piece onto the whole nail but that is really unnecessary. Just make sure the piece will cover the whole width of the nail, and the fracture of course.
6. Now add a small layer of glue on the fracture again, make sure there is enough glue to stick the fabric on. Stick the piece of fabric on top of your nail and make sure the whole fraction is covered. Add another layer of glue on top of the fabric, make sure the whole fabric has glue on it. It should become more transparent when you do this. Let this dry completely.
7. Now all you need to do is gently file the glue part so that it becomes smooth and is on the same level as the rest of the nails. When you add a layer of basecoat you can hardly see that you did anything to your nail.