Friday, 6 January 2012

How to make your own holographic nail polish!


I have something amazing to share with you guys! I was looking into holographic polished because I wanted more different colours than the two I own ( Gosh – Holographic and Nfu-oh 63 ) and I was getting to a point where I was thinking about buying the whole China Glaze OMG collection. Then I noticed that the website I order most of my China Glaze polishes and Konad supplies from was now selling a new brand, Glitter Gal ( 3D Holographics collection ). I immediately started “google-ing” these polishes and I fell in love with them. They are expensive, a tiny 9 ml bottle costs 12 Euros!  But then I found this blogpost that showed me how I can use one Glitter Gal bottle to create every coloured holographic polish I want! Here is how it works:


You only need Glitter Gal Silver 3D Holo! This one is really sheer, you would probably need 4 coats ( if not more ) to get full opacity. But because of this you can layer it over ANY polish you like to make it holographic! Here I have a nail wheel with a variety of colours:


From left to right: Kleancolor – Black, Essence – Fateful desire, Essence – Ultimate pink, P2 – Being in Heaven, Color Club – Rebel Debutante, Rimmel 60 seconds – Pompous , P2 – unforgettable

Now all you have to do is add a thin, even layer ( very important ) over the polish and...

Sorry for the geeky Super Mario Galaxy reference, I couldn’t resist!



TADA! Look at that amazing holographic effect! I am so happy I discovered this, it has saved me a lot of money J I hope this was useful for you guys! Do you own any holographic polishes?


3 comments:

  1. Ooo, thanks for this post! Now I will be stalking Silver 3D Holo on Ninja Polish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay :D I'm looking forward to see it on your blog ^^

      Delete
  2. Where can I buy this for less than 18 bucks??

    ReplyDelete